Ellen Keys ParkRetour à la liste des projets
Restoration of historical neighborhood park
Ellen Keys Park is one of Östermalm's most highly regarded historical quarter. It is located between Karlavägen and Birger Jarlsgatan bordering on Norrmalm; a little green pearl in the urban concrete. The park has many qualities - spatial structure, natural lightning and vegetation, but today there is a sense that the park does not fulfill the visitor's expectation. It is also a considerable time since the status and condition of park has been assessed. The grass areas are worn, the walls need partial restoration, the plantations need to be renewed and the playgrounds improved. Lighting is also in need of attention.
Funkia has developed a design proposal and project management for the rejuvenation of the park. The artists Tor Svae and Johan Ström (www.johanstrom.com) designed the concept for a play gallery on site in collaboration with the municipality and Funkia.Under the auspices of the project we implemented with the following overall strategies:
• Protect and highlight the cultural heritage of the park which, together with Borgarskolan, is a fine example of Nordic classicalism. In practice, this means reverting to the original design expression in places where appropriate and drawing inspiration from the original planting and material choices.
• Maintain and manage the value added to the park over the years
• Enhance the presence of flowers
• Increase the sense of security
• Restore the plantings, materials and elements which are run down
• Expand the range of features to cater for different types of visitors
• Display the history of the site